cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NB 7.7.1 Java console errors Windows 2012 R2

Kelly_Stevenson
Level 4

I am running NB 7.7.1 on Windows 2012 R2 as master.

It installed all of the version of the java console.

I changed the c:\program files\veritas\netbackup\java\auth.conf file to have to start:
* ADMIN=ALL JBP=ALL

So everyone should be able to run it

I launch the Netbackup 7.7.1 Administration Console with run as administrator - and log in with a local admin account and get the following error:

Unable to login, status:520
You need the permission to run batch jobs
Check the local security policy

Not sure what is going on.

Thnx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kelly_Stevenson
Level 4

In the local security policy – it said that administrators, etc. were allowed to log in as batch job BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT

It also had "deny log in as batch job"  EVERYONE in the local security policy

So after I removed EVERYONE – it worked.

Thanks everyone for you help and input on this.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

Error - The specified NetBackup-Java configuration option has an invalid value.

Plase make sure all the values are correct  in install_path\java\setconf.bat file. Also make sure the Java Folder has Full permission.

Kelly_Stevenson
Level 4

The setconf.bat is the original from the install - not changes to it. For the Java folder - i tested and can create a file in that directory with no permissions issues - using the same user i am using to run the NB Java admin console.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Maybe this will help:

https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/netbackup-java-windows-administrator-console-installation-my-laptop

Do you logon to the host/server/machine using the same "local administrator" account?

If not, then test a logon to teh machine as that local administrator account, are you able to logon?  If this works, then your issue may be that a GPO policy has pushed a Windows OS specific "Deny right to logon as a batch process" down to the local admin account on teh box/server/host upon which you are trying to launch the NetBackup Java Admin Console... in which case you may need to talk to local neigherbourhood Windows Domain Administration team.

There's plenty of articles on google re how to check for the "right" to logon as a batch process.

Kelly_Stevenson
Level 4

I do use the local admin account to login to the host server/master - via rdp.

I then launch the NB 7.7.1 admin console (locally on the master) - with run as administrator.

Then I try to login to the nb admin console - using the local admin account - same one that i logged into the host server/master with. So all local to the windows master - and get this error.

I even tried creating a net new local admin account - same error.

I checked the local policy - and it shows that "log on as a batch job" is allowed for Administrators. And the user I login with - is in the Administrator's group.

screen shot of local policy attached and bpjava-msvc error.

thnx

sdo

Are any of the NetBackup services configured to run using a "service account" (even this local admin account), or are they all running using the default NT_System_Authority ?

You may be able to use the "sc queryex" command to quickly check services:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd228921(v=ws.11).aspx

sdo

Pure guess this from me... try clearing the certificate using this from Nicolai:

http://www.mass.dk/netbackup-quick-hints/netbackup-java-gui-certificate/

sdo

Has the Java admin console ever worked on this host?   i.e. are your problems following an upgrade?

Or is this a new build?

Your tags on your initial post indicate "Windows 8"... where does Windows 8 fit in to the mix here?

Kelly_Stevenson
Level 4

They are all set to use the local system account - the standard install.

Kelly_Stevenson
Level 4

For the cert clearing - there are no certs being created in the vxss directory for any user i have tested.

This is a net new install on a Windows 2012 R2 server - has never worked - just installed this yesterday.

There is no drop down for Windows 2012 in the forum so i had to pick Windows 2008 :)

Thanks for your suggestions - i appreciate it.

I have just opened a ticket with the vendor also to see.

I run NB 7.7.1 on redhat/linux with no issues ever with jnbSA and auth.conf files - must be something i either did wrong or security setup in Windows on this master.

Since it's all local - its not a network issue. 

sdo
Check from DOS/cmd box... Does the name of the auth.conf file have a .txt file name extension?

Kelly_Stevenson
Level 4

Checked that already - no .txt

c:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\Java>dir auth.conf
 Volume in drive C is System
 Volume Serial Number is 84C5-B3F7

Directory of c:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\Java

05/05/2016  02:23 PM               154 auth.conf
               1 File(s)            154 bytes
               0 Dir(s)  60,912,185,344 bytes free

PatS729
Level 5

There are known issues for Java Console on NBU 7.7.1.

This is the one I was talking about... https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000099899

Try applying fix and see if it helps.

Kelly_Stevenson
Level 4

I applied the EEB and still same error.

thnx

Kelly_Stevenson
Level 4

In the local security policy – it said that administrators, etc. were allowed to log in as batch job BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT

It also had "deny log in as batch job"  EVERYONE in the local security policy

So after I removed EVERYONE – it worked.

Thanks everyone for you help and input on this.