cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBDISCO Logs

Naveen051
Level 3

Hi All,

On master server nbdisco logs are growing and consumng the free disk face at higer frequency? So could any help us on how to address this issue. 

Recently I have was working on SharePoint 2916 issue and I have changed the logging levels on few servers to capture logs and post logs collection I have revert the setting to default.

Thanks,

Naveen

3 REPLIES 3

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Naveen,

Nbdisco does discovery for thing like Oracle Intelligent Policies, and I believe SQL and a few others.  It then sends this information to your Master.

NBDISCO uses unified logging, and its OID is 400.  I'm wondering while you increased logging for your Sharepoint issue, maybe yourself or someone else inadvertently set OID 400 to a higher level and that is why they are growing?

Have a look at its settings via vxlogcfg and see if that is your issue.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response.

I have verified the debug level and diagnostic level under nblog config file. Yes, I found diagnostic level was set to 6 and debuglevel to 1.

Now using vxlogcfg I have set the diagnostic level to 1. However, still nbdisco logs are accumulating and consuming huge c-drive space on master server.

Thanks,

Naveen  

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Naveen,

The nblog.config file will just show the default setting, whereas you need to use vxlogcfg to set the individual OID's.

You say you have now done that.  Does it look correct when you issue the command?: vxlogcfg -l -p 51216 -o nbdisco

Here is the output from mine:

Configuration settings for originator 400, of product 51,216...
LogDirectory = D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\logs\nbdisco\
DebugLevel = 1
DiagnosticLevel = 6
DynaReloadInSec = 0
LogToStdout = False
LogToStderr = False
LogToOslog = False
RolloverMode = FileSize | LocalTime
LogRecycle = False
MaxLogFileSizeKB = 51200
RolloverPeriodInSeconds = 43200
RolloverAtLocalTime = 0:00
NumberOfLogFiles = 3
OIDNames = nbdisco
AppMsgLogging = ON
L10nLib = D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\vxextwincat
L10nResource = nbdisco
L10nResourceDir = D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\resources
NtEventLogSourceName = nbdisco
NtEventLogCategory = 0
LogFileSDDL = (null)

The other thought is if you can try looking at one of your nbdisco logs and see if it gives a hint of which clients are generating the most info?  That might give you a clue, as each client sends its discovery data to the master.

The link below is from the NetBackup Oracle Administrators guide, and shows how you can disable discovery for individual clients - might be useful:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/16226115-126559565-0/v81699128-126559565

Other than that I would say it is time for a support call.

Hope this helps,

Steve