cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 7.0.1 BMRERR on Windows 2003 client

tjackson
Not applicable
Certified

I have spent numerous days looking for a solution to this BMR error listed below

6/14/2012 5:15:11 PM - Error bpbrm(pid=7900) BMRERR: Received BMR error: Failed to import Config file. (1)  
6/14/2012 5:15:11 PM - Error bpbrm(pid=7900) BMRERR: Received BMR error: Failed sending the discovery. (1)   
6/14/2012 5:15:12 PM - Error bpbrm(pid=7900) BMRERR: Received BMR error: BMR information discovery failed. (1)   

I have submitted a ticket to Symantec Support regarding this and two recommendations were made. 1. schedule a backup outside of the normal backup window and see what the BMR process does. 2. Upgrade to 7.1.0.3.

In 5 different server cases it deals with the Ethernet Adapter not being compatible with Windows PE.  These servers are Windows 2003. Then the other servers just show the above BMR error.

I am at a lost as to what to do next. Any help or suggestions would be helpful and greatly appreciated. The following TECHNOTES that I have visited are as follows:

60242, 174446

2 REPLIES 2

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

What version of NetBackup are you on?

Due to the amount of issues found and regular updates the upgrade advice is a good starting point - though i would go to 7.1.0.4 (Master and Media first, then clients) as it is the latest - plus any EEBs shown in the Late Breaking news section.

If that resolves it then it is an easy fix - if not then more troubleshooting can be done.

There are many threads on here for similar issues that may well help - try a search at the top of the page for Failed To Import Config File and you will see! but i would start with the patch first then troubleshoot later

Hope this helps

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified

Hmmmm...

Is the master server doing the backup or is a media server doing the backup?  Is there any communication barriers between the client and master server?

run from the client...

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o 121 -s DebugLevel=5 -s DiagnosticLevel=6

run full/diff backup on client

then run from client again:

vxlogview  -p 51216 -o 121 -n 1 -d all > bmrsavecfgo.txt

vxlogview  -p 51216 -i 121 -n 1 -d all > bmrsavecfgi.txt

(vxlogview is in <install path>\netbackup\bin\)

post results.