cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 7.0 installation in Solaris 10

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, I am trying to install NBU 7.0 master server software in a Solaris 10 (sparc) server. I got something strange: during the installation, there is one step which said NBU software will install in /opt/openv and create a link in /usr/openv, when I type Y, it will start the installation. According to the installation guide, there should be more steps such as type in the server name, EMM server, etc. When the installation completes, all the NBU services are unable to start. Whenever I tried to start some NBU service, it said some lib file corrupted and the service failed to start.

Does anyone see similar issues before? Any solutions to this? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What happened after the installation location was confirmed? Could you see files/folders being extracted?

When you started the  installation, the name of the installation log was displayed on the screen - please find the installation log and an post as attachment.

If I remember correctly, the installation log is initially in /tmp (could even be /var/tmp), and moved/copied to /usr/openv/tmp upon completion.

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Marianne, thanks for your reply. I can see the files/folders being extracted after I confirm the installation location. Then in the end it will say the installation completes with errors. I will try to get the log file.

PraveenCH
Level 4

Installation procedure is not asking for Master Server Name? then there should be any Netbackup related packages still on the server with previous configurations, or the software you are trying to install is not an Enterprise Server software. In case of any packages on server, remove all the packages for new installations and try a fresh install.

Installation Log file Path will be shown on the sceen at the end of the Install log while installation, just 2 to 3 lines around the message "Installation completed with errors".

--Praveen

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I figure out the issue is the software package issue. When I tried another NetBackup 7.0 server binaries, it works smoothly. Seems there are some files corrupted or damaged in the binaries that I used previously.