cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 7.1.0.3 Cannot restore guest from Hyper-V host only java console

Network2011
Level 3

Ok we are running NetBackup 7.1.0.3 on an 8 node hyper-v cluster with approx. 100 virtual machines with mixed Operating systems;

windows 2003 R2 SP2

windows 2008 R2 SP1

windows 2008 SP2

Unix box

windows server 2012

Cannot backup windows 2012 to date! Unix must be powered off to backup

all the other os will backup but you get the annoying "156" vss snapshot errors that are intermittent one day it works then the next it wont

Our problem now is that we cannot restore a guest from the HOST. In the documentation provided by Symantec it states you can but it's not working. We've even called Symantec support and each tech we spoke to brags on VMware but we are a 100% HYPER-v shop using SCVMM 2012.

Have any of you had success restoring a guest from the host using the backup, archive, restore client on the host. I am a domain admin so access is not an issue. We keep getting this error "ERROR client is not validated to perform the requested operation"

In theory you'd think how you back it up is also how you would restore the guest.

We are in a testing phase to make sure this product will work all across the board and it's coming up SHORT! we have over 200 host and approx. 3000vm......

Any guidence appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

AbhayMarode
Not applicable
Employee

Are you running BAR UI from host which is not master server?

In that case you can face this issue. To enable authorizing restore from non-master server, you need No.Restrictions touch file on master. Its information is avaiilable on Admin Guide part I, chapter 28.

Let me know if you face any issue.

regards

-Abhay