cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU Vault 6.5.3 Unable to create new profile

Saluki_Fan
Level 3
This is my first time using NetBackup Vault. We have version 6.5.3 installed. I created the vault OK but when I highlight the vault and go to Actions, New, the Profile option is not highlighted. How can I create a profile for a vault? Am I missing something? The manual assumes that the New ... Profile will be an option. The OS is Solaris 10. The robot is Sun STK SL500.

I just figured it out. Highlighting the vault name in the right window does not allow new profile to be selected. You have to expand the robot under "Vault Management" in the left window and highlight the vault name there in the left pane/menu. Odd that you can't do it from either pane.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Abesama
Level 6
Partner
Sounds like you were on vault view on the right pane. (that is, robot is highlighted on left pane)
Then of course you can create/delete vault, not profile.

If you are on profile view on right pane(that is, you highlight the vault on the left pane) then you can create/delete profile.

What's odd to me is that the other menu selections (storage unit, media) does not behave this way...

:-)

Abe

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Abesama
Level 6
Partner
Sounds like you were on vault view on the right pane. (that is, robot is highlighted on left pane)
Then of course you can create/delete vault, not profile.

If you are on profile view on right pane(that is, you highlight the vault on the left pane) then you can create/delete profile.

What's odd to me is that the other menu selections (storage unit, media) does not behave this way...

:-)

Abe

Saluki_Fan
Level 3
Abe, I see your logic regarding vault view and profile view. Thanks for explaining. Marilyn