cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU6 Volume group drop down lists

Alasdair_McQuir
Level 4
We use Volume groups to indicate if tapes are offsite or onsite after they have been taken out of the robot.

However after the upgrade to 6MP2 the drop down list appears empty.

You can type in the correct volume group name and the media will be moved into it but the groups will not appear in the drop down.

Has anyone else seen this?
7 REPLIES 7

Stumpr2
Level 6
Perhaps you should bounce the services after placing some tapes into the volume group

AKopel
Level 6
Yep!
I have seen this. I think yet another 6.0 bug (although I did see it from time to time on 5.0 also)

Alasdair_McQuir
Level 4
Did this issue go away for you with patching?

Have you still got it?

AKopel
Level 6
Yes,
It still is there with NBU 6.0 MP2. I have not formally opened a support ticket on it however...

Stumpr2
Level 6
This drop down thingee....Are you certain that there are actual tapes in the volume group when you attempt to do the drop down? If there are no tapes in a volume group, then the volume group will cease to exist.

Alasdair_McQuir
Level 4
Hi Bob,

You are entirely correct in what you say.

Yes, when we remove tapes from the robot they are put into a --- volume group which means that the robot does not know where they are.
The offsite group has upwards of 500 tapes in it.

From here we move them to a group called offsite when we send the tapes to iron mountain. When they come back we put them into onsite if there are too many for the robot.

With the call I raised support are suggesting, that the drop down not showing the groups is now a feature!

The last reply I had from them said that this was also a feature of 5.1 as well! Given that I have 11 5.1 masters and 2 6 masters I know this is not the case.

Alasdair_McQuir
Level 4
Had official reply back from Veritas.

This is now a feature!

You can no longer select drop down volume groups.

They are trying to push people down the line of having to use vault.