Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP Global Credentials problem

Matt_Musgrove
Level 4
Certified

When trying to add a NDMP host in NetBackup (6.5.2A Linux) I get

"NetBackup was unable to validate that the global credentials set will work with this NDMP host. Check that they are valid on this NDMP host and try again."

But the global credentials I configured are right. 

The NDMP host is a NetApp, ONTAP 7.0.3.  I am using the root account and I am certain that the root password is correct (triple checked, can also use ndmpcopy from disk to disk OK when specifying the password).

On the NetApp, NDMP is turned "on".  Has anyone any ideas or seen this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Sorry, I was being a little vague - thought you were using the GUI so had seen the available options. 

In the GUI, within Credentials/NDMP Hosts if you the either right-click or select Edit/New you get the Add NDMP Host window. Input the new hostname & you are then presented with a further window to select your credentials:

-   Use global NDMP credentials

-   Use the following credentials for this NDMP host on all media servers

- Use different credentials for this NDMP host on each media server (+Advanced Configuration)

As far as the CUI is concerned we just used 'set_ndmp_attr -auth' & filled in the options as they were presented (NDMP host/login/password)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Does it work if you specify the credentials thru' one of the other 2 options?

Matt_Musgrove
Level 4
Certified
I'm not 100% sure i understand your question.  You can set the credentials in 2 ways in the gui - both fail in the same way. I'd like to try the command line method but haven't found the command to use. 

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Sorry, I was being a little vague - thought you were using the GUI so had seen the available options. 

In the GUI, within Credentials/NDMP Hosts if you the either right-click or select Edit/New you get the Add NDMP Host window. Input the new hostname & you are then presented with a further window to select your credentials:

-   Use global NDMP credentials

-   Use the following credentials for this NDMP host on all media servers

- Use different credentials for this NDMP host on each media server (+Advanced Configuration)

As far as the CUI is concerned we just used 'set_ndmp_attr -auth' & filled in the options as they were presented (NDMP host/login/password)

Matt_Musgrove
Level 4
Certified

Thanks Andy, you steered me towards the solution. I used set_ndmp_attr -auth to add the NDMP host which worked. I then use tpautoconf -verify which failed horribly:

# /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpautoconf -verify ns80-9m-01-nn01
ndmp_client_stub_init: unable to find symbol "ndmp_file_get_max_read_length" in
shared library
ndmp_client_stub_init: unable to find symbol "ndmp_file_get_max_write_length" in
shared library
ndmp_client_stub_init: unable to find symbol "ndmp_file_get_max_iovec_length" in
shared library
ndmp_client_stub_init: unable to find symbol "ndmp_file_open" in shared library
ndmp_client_stub_init: unable to find symbol "ndmp_file_close" in shared library

ndmp_client_stub_init: unable to find symbol "ndmp_file_get_state" in shared
library
ndmp_client_stub_init: unable to find symbol "ndmp_file_write" in shared library

ndmp_client_stub_init: unable to find symbol "ndmp_file_read" in shared library
ndmp_client_stub_init: unable to find symbol "ndmp_file_seek" in shared library
ndmp_client_stub_init: unable to find symbol "ndmp_file_abort" in shared library

ndmp_client_stub_init: unable to find symbol "ndmp_file_stop" in shared library
ndmp_client_stub_init: unable to find symbol "ndmp_file_connect" in shared
library
ndmp_client_stub_init: unable to find symbol "ndmp_file_listen" in shared
library
ndmp_client_stub_init: unable to find symbol "ndmp_file_send" in shared library
ndmp_client_stub_init: unable to find symbol "ndmp_file_list_dir" in shared
library
ndmp_client_stub_init: unable to find symbol "ndmp_set_fs_halt_callback" in
shared library
ndmp_client_stub_init: unable to find symbol
"ndmp_set_fs_transfer_complete_callback" in shared library
: NDMP stub init failed to initialize
NDMP is not installed on platform

A quick google and I realize that I need to upgrade NDMP by installing NB_DMP_6.5.2_304425.tar.  Although I can't download it from Symantec at the moment for some reason :(

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Glad I could help (sort of)    ["Help sort of" not "Glad sort of" Smiley Very Happy ]

@Matt Musgrove wrote:

A quick google and I realize that I need to upgrade NDMP by installing NB_DMP_6.5.2_304425.tar.  Although I can't download it from Symantec at the moment for some reason :(

Your issue or Symantec issue?    NB_DMP_6.5.2_304425.tar