cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOM job start and end time

Jess_Lee
Level 4
Hi all,
We have Veritas Netbackup 6.0 with NOM installed. Recently, we are using NOM to monitor the status of all backup jobs. I found out that the policies start and end time are not accurate.

Suppose currently the time is 3:00pm. When I manually issue a backup job during this time, NOM will show the active status on that job. But the start time shown in NOM is 2:30pm.

Wonder why does this happen? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

zippy
Level 6
Jess,

Check the server time and the NTP server.

UNIX `date`
NT `time`

UNIX = ntpq -p

JD

Jess_Lee
Level 4
Hi James,

The master server's time is correct. But when I attempt to check on NTP, error message appear: root@smcnet # ntpq -p
ntpq: read: Connection refused

I'm not too sure what is ntpq, but when ps -ef |grep ntpd , or ntpq, there's no process on the server.

Thanks.

Chia_Tan_Beng
Level 6
check whether the time zone setting of your NOM is correctly set.

Jess_Lee
Level 4
Hi,

The time zone is correct in my case. But this setting is only apply to the time when this page is visited. The time according to which zone we set will show at the lower right part of the page.

My situation here is the start and end time of each backup job is not accurate. Jobs will be displayed in NOM once backup started, but the time is always late by around 30 mins.

Thank you.

Richard_Mansell
Level 3
If you are in Singapore then it is a bug fixed in NOM MP4:-.

Etrack Incident = ET818136

Description:
NOM no longer shows the start and end times being off by 30 minutes for the
Singapore timezone (SGT).

Jess_Lee
Level 4
Thanks for the reply.

I'd gone through Etrack Incident = ET818136, my time zone is Asia/Kuala_Lumpur(GMT +08:00). If time zone is the cause, can I change the settings to another time zone (non-ASIA)? However, I tried this method by changing the time zone manually. Run backup jobs manually, fail to get the correct time too. :(