cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOM server not giving accurate report

Planters
Level 5

Hi,

I have a critical issue with NOM server, which is not giving accurate report.

i am pulling all client jobs report on daily basis for last 24 hours time line.

i can see a client server (uscamu420p) has been ran and completed on 28 of April from NetBackup console. However there is no entry for this server in the NOM report.

Is there any glitches in NOM?

Does the NOM give 100% accurate reports?

I have attached report and screenshot for referance. Please verify and help me to understand why this variation in the NOM report

7 REPLIES 7

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Just a thought here as i have seen some odd things in NOM and OpsCenter ..

What is that servers IP address - or IP Addresses if it has multiple IP addresses?

Does its IP address appear in the reports?

Is this NOM or OpsCenter?

If OpsCenter there are hotfixes that correct the IP address being displaced and change the database back to using the host name

Hope this helps

Planters
Level 5

Thanks for the update Mark.

I am using NOM.

i can see that server in the old reports, however this server is missing only for last weeks report.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Is it possible that someone deleted its jobs from activity monitor before NOM had chance to gather them?

I have seen issues like that with NOM where it gathers data from bodbjobs and if jobs get deleted it misses them - can you see the actual job (by jobid) in NOM?

Planters
Level 5

Thanks for the update Mark.

I have checked and found this specified job details from the Activity monitor.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

OK, well if it is in the activity monitor and does not show up in the reports as just an IP address then i am at a loss.

Do you have any that just show as IP addresses? I ask because i have also seen clients show as the IP address used by their iSCSI storage - so worth checking

Planters
Level 5

Hi Mark,

Another scenario, if any backup is running at the time of the report what will happen.

1, It will not come on the report

2, Even next day report also that entry will not come.

Am i correct on above two points?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

I guess that is possible but have not tested it - it depends on the parameters of your report

If you adjust the times does it then appear?