cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a patch for ETrack 2291889

Henry_s_Backups
Level 2

I really need some help with an NDMP problem.  I'm working with a company whose previous IT staff left the department in shambles.  They've got an install of NBU 7.0 that's running NDMP over SSO to a small library, on RHEL 5.0.  After correcting a number of infrastructure issues, we're still getting erratic errors that are mostly code 84 (media write error). 

After a significant amount of troubleshooting, I've narrowed down that my problem is almost exactly described in this post:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ndmp-job-failing-when-reaches-tape-fragmentation-size

For the system, it is recommended that we request the patch for ETrack 2291889, but I cannot find it online anywhere.  The department here does not have their licenses onsite, they're not sure where they'd be in the other office, which is on the other side of the country, and they're not even sure whether or not they have an active support contract.  Because of all these assorted issues, upgrading to NBU 7.1 is not an issue.  At this time, I can upgrade to NBU 7.0.1, but it appears that I will still need this patch to correct the issue.

To complicate matters, the reason I was called in to assist is because the company's office is being physically moved starting on March 1st, and the last backup that was run was done well over 6 months ago.  Ultimately, time is of the essence, and any assistance would be appreciated.

Is there a way that I could get access to the patch for ETrack 2291889?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

1. You need to log a Support call to get the EEB. They will probably only release EEB if you are on 7.0.1.

2. Contact your local Symantec reseller and request IBR (Install Base Report).
This report will contain your Company's support status.
Discuss way forward based on IBR.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Henry_s_Backups
Level 2

Sorry -- just noticed a typo.  Upgrading to NBU 7.1 is not an option -- we don't know if the previous staff ever got upgrade notifications, and if they did, they're in the ether by now.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

1. You need to log a Support call to get the EEB. They will probably only release EEB if you are on 7.0.1.

2. Contact your local Symantec reseller and request IBR (Install Base Report).
This report will contain your Company's support status.
Discuss way forward based on IBR.

Henry_s_Backups
Level 2

Thanks Marianne -- I'll try the IBR route and see if I can get anything from them.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

EEB 2291889 was for 7.0.1, the EEB is included in 7.1 onwards, so effectively you already have it.

martin

Henry_s_Backups
Level 2

I am not running version 7.1, so I do not have it.  I am running version 7.0 -- if the problem did not exist in version 7.0, then the issue is moot, and should be corrected when we check and manipulate the ndmp-option and ndmp-backup-devices settings on the BlueArc.  I wanted to have both the 7.0.1 upgrade and the EEB in hand, or at least the process of getting it in motion, before getting any deeper into this as we move forward.

Effectively, we don't have it, because we don't have 7.1.