cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an help to edit the subject line in alert notification mails

Vasu_H
Level 3

Hi All,

I need help how to edit the subject line in email alert notification.

My Master server and Media server both are same. I have configured the backup failure email alert and i'm receiving it. But I need to change the subject line in the email alert.

I have configured the email alert through Master server host properties.

Please help me on this.

--

Regards,

Vasu H

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not sure where exactly you have configured notification (there is more than one place).

Have a look at backup_exit_notify script in /usr/openv/netbackup/bin.
Does this look like the email you are getting?
If so, you can edit the subject in this script.

Please bear in mind that this script may be overwritten when you upgrade/patch NBU.

Vasu_H
Level 3

Hi Marianne,

Thanks for your update.

I have configured the email alert in the Host properties-->Master server-->Global Attributies.

I have given my mail ID and i'm receiving emails for backup failure.

But in that i need to change my email subject line. So please provide me the solution for this.

Above given path was not there in my server.

Please let me know how to proceed...

Marianne
Level 6

During NBU installation on Unix/Linux master server, a symbolic link is normally created to /usr/openv.
This means that no matter where NBU is actually installed, the /usr/openv/netbackup/bin path should always work.

Please find out where exactly NBU is installed on your master server (on Solaris it can be /opt) and look in netbackup/bin folder.

backup_exit_notify script has been in this folder for as long as I've known NetBackup.

Vasu_H
Level 3

Hi Marianne,

Thank you so much.

I have got the file backup_exit_notify script. Please help me out, how to edit that script to modify the subject line.

I need to add some string value in subject line. If i added, it will help me out to automation ticket creation if any backup job failed.

Currently i have receiving the subject line in this farmate "Backup on coorswms1 - 150". In this i need add unique string value.

please help me on this.

Marianne
Level 6

I am not 100% sure that this is the notify script used by NBU for email notification.

Have you had a look at the file? Does it look like the emails you are getting?

Please copy & paste one of the emails that you are getting - it will make it a bit easier to find the script that is generating the email.