cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to delete previous version of SLP -- or something ???

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

So, I'm decommissioning a tape library (the only one attached) so we can attach a new one.  NetBackup 7.5.0.6 on Windows 2008R2 master server with a 5200 Appliance as media server

Support tells me to delete storage unit for tape.  Great, except it says I can't cause some SLP's reference.  Correct, they do.  So i go in and find all the SLP's that have a "duplicate to tape" step and remove that step.  All gone.

BUT still can't delete, Says use nbstl command to find old versions.

I do, and yup, there they are, the old version WITH the "duplicate to this 'soon to be gone' storage unit" operations are still there.

Cannot figure out how to delete the old versions.  Or even change them to remove that step...   I know I can delete the slp's and the old versions go away, but was trying to keep them so I knew which ones had to have "duplicate to the 'new library'" steps added.

The nbstl command is complicated, I've got the "Commands" manual, and also some online references, but all I see is to modify "residence" and I can't do that cause really, I don't have something else to put there. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

you no need to delete the SLPs.. you just need to chage the SLP with new storage unit names...  if you do not create the new one yet..just leave it blank..

and you can not delete the SLP as long as they have operaations pending...

as you are seeing the old version.. it indicates there are some SLP operations pending for the SLP

the option you have is to cancle the SLP operations to get the old versions removed automatically

below is the command to SLP operations

nbstlutil cancel <SLP name> 

do remember.. it will cancle all operations on this SLP and does not duplicate or replicate , so you need to make a decission on that part.. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

you no need to delete the SLPs.. you just need to chage the SLP with new storage unit names...  if you do not create the new one yet..just leave it blank..

and you can not delete the SLP as long as they have operaations pending...

as you are seeing the old version.. it indicates there are some SLP operations pending for the SLP

the option you have is to cancle the SLP operations to get the old versions removed automatically

below is the command to SLP operations

nbstlutil cancel <SLP name> 

do remember.. it will cancle all operations on this SLP and does not duplicate or replicate , so you need to make a decission on that part.. 

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

You can leave it blank?   I mean for previous versions, what would the format of the nbstl command be to leave the second storage unit blank

and yes, THANKS for the reminder on pending SLP activities.   There didn't happen to be any, but that could have been a mess.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can list SLP versions with 
nbstl -L -all_versions

See if this TN helps: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH212238

Moved:

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified