cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to get Backup details

lthomas
Level 2

Hi All,

Please help me to take the entire backup setup details from backup server. as i am new to the setup and no one is there to give the download. So its my duty to prepare a KAP for entire setup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lthomas
Level 2

Thanks jim, michel and marianne for your quick respone.

Nothing more i just want to get the configuration as well as how the connection between master server, media server and libraries.

Our system architect and his team has the clear picture about the entire setup. i cannot get in touch with them directly. In my  internal team i am the person to collect the details and share, so i requested your help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

please try to reformulate your question, it is not much clear. What is a KAP?

Michal

jim_dalton
Level 6

Not sure what a KAP is...to give a break down of what your backup environment does ...I suspect there is a single script that will do all this but you might be served by searching for various components. Your problem is not knowing what people are talking about, the terminology. For example you could print out all the policies - this would be probably most intersting as it details what it is you are backing up and when and what retentions. Normally this is of greatest interest to data owners.

man bpplinfo will tell you about that command

man bppllist will tell you about policies, more generally

There are other commands related to storage units : these describe where data are written as part of policy but not knowing if its of interest: only you and your audience know that.

Jim

Marianne
Level 6
Also no idea what a KAP is. To capture all of NBU config, run nbsu in /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/support. It should provide a single compressed/zipped file with all possible configuration details in a collection of text files.

lthomas
Level 2

Thanks jim, michel and marianne for your quick respone.

Nothing more i just want to get the configuration as well as how the connection between master server, media server and libraries.

Our system architect and his team has the clear picture about the entire setup. i cannot get in touch with them directly. In my  internal team i am the person to collect the details and share, so i requested your help.

Marianne
Level 6

How good is your NBU knowledge?

If we give you some commands to run or point you to the text file in nbsu output, will you be able to interpret it and put together your own config doc?

The device config details in nbsu output is not easy to interpret.
Here it will be easier to collect device config info via cmd on each media server.

Commands I will run on each media server:
tpconfig -l 
(command is in /usr/openv/volmgr/bin)

On the master:
bpstulist
(in /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd)

PS: 

Fellow Connect members - please ignore the discussion being marked as solved - it was done by accident.
I have asked the OP to clear the Solution.