cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to get the past 50 days' backup size of specific clients

ravin_a
Level 4

Hi,

need you help in getting the past 50days backup size of list of clients. as we have 50 dsays for all the schedules, hope we can get it. But need your ideas to accomplish this without spending more time.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

You don't mention if you are using Windows or Unix servers or if you have Opscenter

from the command line you can use:

bpimagelist -client <client name> -d <date> -U

You will need to work out what the date was 50 days ago. This will give you a list of all backups across all policies for the client you use.

The 4th field in the result is the size of the backup.

If you want results for all clients, simply remove the -client option, but you won't be able to filter the results based on individual clients.

View solution in original post

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Excuse the 'roughness' but this is something I've used a few times since something similar was first posted a few years back

Create a file 'client_list' with a list of the clients you need the info on, then:

for i in `cat client_list` ; do
echo $i
bpimagelist -hoursago 1200 -U -client $i |awk '{file+=$4} {kb+=$5} END {print file" " kb}'
#bpimagelist -hoursago 1200 -U -client $i -media
echo "-------------------"
done

.... it also prints out number of files, which was a requirement at the time.

So outputs:

client_1
749212 102432274
-------------------
client_2
9866881 241699192
-------------------
client_3
3037215 204250543

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

You don't mention if you are using Windows or Unix servers or if you have Opscenter

from the command line you can use:

bpimagelist -client <client name> -d <date> -U

You will need to work out what the date was 50 days ago. This will give you a list of all backups across all policies for the client you use.

The 4th field in the result is the size of the backup.

If you want results for all clients, simply remove the -client option, but you won't be able to filter the results based on individual clients.

ravin_a
Level 4

Thanks for the post Revaroo...

Master Server - Solaris,

Clients - Unix/Windows/AIX/Linux

OpsCenter - 7.5.0.7 on Windows 2008 R2

I tried with

bpimaglist -hours ago 1200 -client abcde -U

I have around 3000 clients in my list to capture the backup size in that case I can go with a script. Again, manual effort for summarising the o/p of script.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Excuse the 'roughness' but this is something I've used a few times since something similar was first posted a few years back

Create a file 'client_list' with a list of the clients you need the info on, then:

for i in `cat client_list` ; do
echo $i
bpimagelist -hoursago 1200 -U -client $i |awk '{file+=$4} {kb+=$5} END {print file" " kb}'
#bpimagelist -hoursago 1200 -U -client $i -media
echo "-------------------"
done

.... it also prints out number of files, which was a requirement at the time.

So outputs:

client_1
749212 102432274
-------------------
client_2
9866881 241699192
-------------------
client_3
3037215 204250543