cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 7.5 + VMware 5.0 making full backups instead of Differential-inc

therockyb
Level 4

Hi,

We have been using Netbackup 7.5 since First Availability and switched all our policies for Vmware from FlashBackup-Windows to Vmware.

Master and Media servers are running Windows 2008R2 all at Netbackup version 7.5 and all our vcenter servers are running vSpehere 5.

We are having problem with differential-inc backups on our Vmware policies; the differential-inc backups are the same size of the full backup.

One thing I noticed is the file count, on full backups the file count show all the files but on differential-inc backups I see a fragment of the files of the full backup which makes me think that the file count is actually the good one. Both Full and Diff are taking around the same time to complete.

I went through the different articles:

- Validated my permissions making sure that ''disk change tracking'' is enabled on the role ''VMware Consolidated Backup User''

- Validated my ''change block tracking'' it is activated and the VM level and at the disk level

- My servers are all in the same policies for full and differential, I made sure to run a full backup first

I am at the point where I don`t know what to check anymore, any of you would have ideas?

Thank you

20 REPLIES 20

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Happy to mark your post as solution as this will help other users.