Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Configuration Validation Utility (NCVU) for v6.5

Ajenda
Level 4
Partner
Hello,
I was curious if anyone knew where to find the NCVU link for v6.5, if it exists. All I can find is the old v5.1 one:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/267418.htm

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

Abesama
Level 6
Partner
Given the huge change in the architecture, I think NCVU is not capable of doing it's job with NetBackup 6.x

You google it, and you can't find it, then it's safe to say it does not exist in this world.

:-)

A

Ajenda
Level 4
Partner
Hi,
So, would there be an equivalent that could be used for troubleshooting network/client issues? For example, there is a Status Code 213 that mentions using this utility in the 6.5 Troubleshooting Guide, not sure why its listed if the tool is no longer available.

Abesama
Level 6
Partner

One or two years ago, my friend found NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide 5.x included some debug log example from NetBackup 3.4.

Symantec do not look at every page of the manual/guide when they release new versions of NetBackup/manual, especially if the section has been there for long time (like the section for the error code 213 you are talking about)

So, the fact that the 6.5 trroubleshooting guide mentioning NCVU does not necessarily mean they are also updating NCVU along to 6.5 version.

Try other tools for troubleshooting than NCVU - what errors are you getting, by the way?

A

Ajenda
Level 4
Partner
Hi,
The errors that are being reported are Status code 213 for the DSSU clients that are attached to one media server. The same clients and policies work fine on another media server, so that one has taken over temporarily. I am still investigating possible network issues with the problematic media server.
Thanks,