cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Operations Manager 6.5.4 Not Sending Scheduled Reports

MaineDCadmin_ak
Level 2
I have been running the 6.5.4 version of NOM for a couple of weeks. Most everything seems to be working fine, except scheduled reports. My alerts work fine, and if I manually email a report it is delivered w/o issue. I run into problems when I have a scheduled report, that's when the Results column reports: "Please specify a valid SMTP server to email report." I have re-created the report manually, emailed it and it is fine, but if I schedule it. I get the previous error message. FWIW, these reports and the same system setting were used on another NOM (v6.5.3) server recently decommissioned.

If I have posted in the wrong forum, my apologies. Thank you in advance for your help!

Steve F 

12 REPLIES 12

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
when you set up the Schedule
there is one screen that says Set Email Addresses for Completed Report
Did you choose someone from the Registered users and click the Add to "TO"?
So a name should appear in the email id To part

Sender Id: SYMANTEC.NOM@mycompany.com
SMTP Server:  
Email Id:  
         To: Veritas Backup Email group
         Cc:  
       Bcc:

MaineDCadmin_ak
Level 2
I checked the screen and it is identical to the screen of the NOM server I shut down. Everything matches up.... scratching my head....

AlanTLR
Level 5
I'm having the same problem.  We're using 6.5.4 on Solaris x86.

MaineDCadmin_ak
Level 2
Apparently this is a known problem with NOM 6.5.4. There is an EEB available via support. I applied the patch and now I am receiving scheduled email reports.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Do you have a TechNote or Etrack number you could share?

Ravensmead
Level 2
I am having the same problem on a windows 2003 R2 server. NOM 6.5.4 An Etrack number or technote would be good if you have it, thanks.

CRZ
Level 6

OK, I checked myself and have found the Etrack number...if you call us and open a case against NOM 6.5.4, you will want to reference Etrack 1797144, which contains a bundle of fixes for NOM.

Ravensmead
Level 2
Thanks for that I have logged a call for the above problem I will let you know how I get on.

Nick_Morris
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Certified
I'm getting slightly different issues with some scheduled reports on 6.5.4. Getting the error

Task Media Server Usage;5ADBFF00_3A2D_11DE_84DD_F6766A96CC7Demail doesn't exist.

I'm guessing probably part of same issues as above. Was strange it was working for a while....until ironically support wanted me to run the support bat file to get them some info which caused it to have issues!

DeptRev
Not applicable

Wouldn't happen to have a link to that patch bundle, would ya?

CRZ
Level 6
You'll have to open a support case with us.

Ravensmead1
Level 2
I logged a call and downloaded the EEB for our Win 2003 R2 server, it fixed our mailing of scheduled reports. Sadly we now have two new problems :(

1. NOM pages refresh so quick its is hard to set up a report before the screen refreshes so you lose all your changes.

2. If you manage to run a report and it has more than one page, clicking then link to any other page locks the IE session and nothing can be done other than close the window. It is still possible to mail the report.

We are still testing at the moment.