cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Platform Base - Complete Edition Licensing / Metrics question

ah116335
Level 2

Hi

I have customer with approx. 150 TB data in ~150 servers. I am planning on using capacity based licensing to avoid the hassle to count servers etc.

Am I assuming right that I need (1 x qty 1 to 10) + (1 x qty 11 to 50) + (1 x qty 51 to 150) to have a total of 150TB licensed?

Like this?:

NETBACKUP PLATFORM BASE COMPLETE ED XPLAT 1 FRONT END TB ONPREMISE STANDARD PERPETUAL LICENSE QTY 0 to 10 CORPORATE <-- ONE OF THOSE

NETBACKUP PLATFORM BASE COMPLETE ED XPLAT 1 FRONT END TB ONPREMISE STANDARD PERPETUAL LICENSE QTY 11 to 50 CORPORATE <-- ONE OF THOSE

NETBACKUP PLATFORM BASE COMPLETE ED XPLAT 1 FRONT END TB ONPREMISE STANDARD PERPETUAL LICENSE QTY 51 to 150 CORPORATE <-- ONE OF THOSE

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That is not how Capacity license works. 0 - 10 does not give you 10TB. It is a price category where the unit price is still per TB.

So - you will need a QTY of 150 for NETBACKUP PLATFORM BASE COMPLETE ED XPLAT 1 FRONT END TB ONPREMISE STANDARD PERPETUAL LICENSE QTY 51 to 150 CORPORATE

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That is not how Capacity license works. 0 - 10 does not give you 10TB. It is a price category where the unit price is still per TB.

So - you will need a QTY of 150 for NETBACKUP PLATFORM BASE COMPLETE ED XPLAT 1 FRONT END TB ONPREMISE STANDARD PERPETUAL LICENSE QTY 51 to 150 CORPORATE

To add one point, that banding is applied per purchase.  So if they need an upgrade in 6 months, you'll purchase in the band of additional capacity, not total capacity.  So if they had a new application they weren't accounting for in this project and it was associated with 9TB FETB, you'd sell them licenses in the 0 to 10 band.

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances

Well that changes the scenario a bit...   Thanks for clarifying!