cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Warning Message - NTMSDATA failure reading and export

Robert_H_Abed
Level 4
Hi,
I am using Veritas Netbackup to backup windows server 2003 servers.
I am getting the following warning messages:
5/4/2006 12:08:00 AM - Warning bpbrm(pid=1344) from client xxxx: WRN - Removable Storage Management: unable to export database (WIN32 21: The device is not ready. )
5/4/2006 12:08:00 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=1344) from client xxxx: ERR - failure reading file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\NtmsData\NTMSDATA (WIN32 33: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file. )

How can I resolve this?

Thanks
Robert
6 REPLIES 6

Deepak_Bhalwank
Level 5
Hi,

According to the link below these files are used by the OS for interacting with removable media -
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul..kb;EN-US;235032.
You can try stopping Removable Storage service and then taking backup.
Or you can simply exclude the files.

Regards,
Deepak.

Derek_Black_2
Level 3
I usually stop RSM and add the following line to the exclude list:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NtmsData\

Deepak_Bhalwank
Level 5
Hi,

Is the problem solved now?

Br,
Deepak.

Robert_H_Abed
Level 4
Hi,

Thank you ffor your reply and sorry for the late reply.
I excluded the file, and during the backup last night, I received the following warning (also related to the Removable Storage Manager)

Warning bpbrm(pid=3004) from client xxxx: WRN - Removable Storage Management: unable to export database (WIN32 21: The device is not ready. )
5/17/2006 2:34:14 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=3004) from client xxxx: ERR - failure reading file: Shadow Copy Components:\System State\System Files\System Files (BEDS 0xFFFFFEDF: A failure occurred reading an object.

Thanks for the help.

Robert_H_Abed
Level 4
Hi,

Thank you ffor your reply and sorry for the late reply.
I excluded the file, and during the backup last night, I received the following warning (also related to the Removable Storage Manager)

Warning bpbrm(pid=3004) from client xxxx: WRN - Removable Storage Management: unable to export database (WIN32 21: The device is not ready. )
5/17/2006 2:34:14 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=3004) from client xxxx: ERR - failure reading file: Shadow Copy Components:\System State\System Files\System Files (BEDS 0xFFFFFEDF: A failure occurred reading an object.

Thanks for the help.

Deepak_Bhalwank
Level 5
Hi,

I guess this is related to the error-
http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=63291&tstart=0

Br,
Deepak.