cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup and LDAP Authentication

HeadingUp
Not applicable

We are currently using NetBackup 7.0.1 (Master Server) on RedHat Enterprise 5.4.  Our wish is to authenticate (Administration Console) against our LDAP server but it looks like that is not an option.  We have Installed NBAC (authentication and authorization servies).  We can log in using an LDAP account but that only gives us access to Backup, Archive and Restore - not the Administration Console.  When adding a user, the only options available are NIS, NIS+, PASSWD, Windows and Vx.  We can log in as root to administer the server but we would like to use LDAP users/groups to perform this functionality.

We have tried creating LDAP groups that match the NetBackup Groups (NBU_Admin, NBU_User...) but that didn't work.  Documentation from previous versions shows that LDAP was an authentication option in the past.  Was it removed?  If so, what is the reason?  Also, is there anyway to authenticate against LDAP?  Are we missing a plug-in?

Thanks...

4 REPLIES 4

Chad_Wansing2
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

LDAP integration with NBU is generally accomplished via NetBackup Access Control (NBAC) importing LDAP users/groups into NBAC groups.

-Chad

gilbert08
Level 5
Partner Accredited

R__Ravi_Kumar
Level 3
Employee

You need to hook up your Master server host to LDAP so that you are able to do a OS login with your ldap accounts. Once this is done, all ldap users can be treated as nornal unix users under NetBackup and can be added to respective groups for administration.

Carlos_V
Level 6

I´ll like to know how can I do that.

Actually we have been implemeting NBAC whit LDAP and everything was so fine. But suddenly when I initiated Robot Inventory I receive this message:

user id was not superuser (3)

We using NBU 7.1, OS 5.3.

The group of OS administrators have created local user for me, to have more privileges in the master server, so I'am using two users one for local user, and another to use LDAP authentication.

I like to have only one user whit enough privileges to make inventory, duplications, etc, etc.