cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup disk staging issue.

Amin123
Level 4
Partner
Objective: We need two copies of each backup, one on the disk and other on the tape.

Existing Infrastructure of Netbackup:-

We have Four Disk Storage units(each of capacity 2.0TB) clubed in one Storage unit Group,
We have one LTO4 Tape Drive.

Configuration on the Netbackup:-

Our servers have been configured to write only on Storage unit group.

Issue:-One of our File Server has the data of 4.0TB, when it starts backing up, it writes on the first disk and then fails, since we dont have space on the disk.
It is not moving on the next available Storage unit in that group.It starts duplicating the backup images on the tape to clear up space. When i try to restore, i have to restore from the tape, which takes quite longer time than disk, contradicting with my objective to have two backups, one on the tape and one on the disk.

Problem 1:- If we disable the disk staging, it moves to the next available Storage unit,
but when using disk staging its not.
how will we copy to the tape while the disk staging is on.

Thanks,
Amin Abu-Dosh
1 REPLY 1

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You need to configure the disk storage units as advanced disk storage units. The capacity management on advanced disk is superior compared to the basic disk storage units. The basic disk storage units (staging or not) also lack the ability to span backup across disk units (as you have seen).  The advanced disk will require a additional license.