cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.5 catalog restore

hrom
Level 3
Certified

I have problems with NetBackup catalog restoring. Some tapes in our library expired. I want to know what information disappear from that tapes and I need this infirmation. I have catalog backup from time when that tapes was actual.

This catalog backup files (there are 9 .img and .info files) was copied to another server. Netbackup was installed.

Could you please give me some instructions that helps me to restore NetBackup catalog on new server. All my attempts was failed.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have a look at your Catalog policy on original server. Look at Disaster Recovery tab.
You will see location of DR file.
Each catalog backup will have its own DR file. Locate the one that corresponds with disk backup that you want to restore from.

Please read through Catalog recovery from an online backup section in the Troubleshooting Guide.

Basic requirements for full catalog restore:

• Master server name must be the same
  • Same NBU version and patch installed on new server
  • Installation path must be the same

About NBU 6.x EOSL:
This post has been 'in our faces' as a Featured item at the top of NetBackup Forum for a couple of months now:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/be-aware-netbackup-6x-end-support-life-fast-approachi...

You will see in this post that Symantec has issued EOL statement back in 2009 already....
Yes, ALL support for 6.x will end on 3 October 2012.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6

Please go through Chapter 7 (Disaster recovery) of NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide.

If you need further assistance, please provide all relevant info:

Hot or Cold catalog backup?
If Hot catalog backup, have you copied the DR file as well?
Have you verified that backup location as per DR file is the same on new server?

Does new server have the same hostname as original server?

PS: Are you aware of the fact that NBU 6.5 will reach EOSL in 2 days (3 October)?

hrom
Level 3
Certified

Hello,

It was a hot catalog backup.

Could you please describe me the DR file?  Where it locate?

Host name is another.

No, I am not aware. Does it Mean that support will stop?

Marianne
Level 6

Have a look at your Catalog policy on original server. Look at Disaster Recovery tab.
You will see location of DR file.
Each catalog backup will have its own DR file. Locate the one that corresponds with disk backup that you want to restore from.

Please read through Catalog recovery from an online backup section in the Troubleshooting Guide.

Basic requirements for full catalog restore:

• Master server name must be the same
  • Same NBU version and patch installed on new server
  • Installation path must be the same

About NBU 6.x EOSL:
This post has been 'in our faces' as a Featured item at the top of NetBackup Forum for a couple of months now:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/be-aware-netbackup-6x-end-support-life-fast-approachi...

You will see in this post that Symantec has issued EOL statement back in 2009 already....
Yes, ALL support for 6.x will end on 3 October 2012.

hrom
Level 3
Certified

Thank you so much!