Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Oracle Backup Template on AIX

mumair109917
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

i have my master server 7.5 on windows server and oracle database installed on AIX OS nbu client is also installed on AIX machine now i just wanted to know how can i create backup tamplate as we dont have GUI of AIX.....

Regards,

Umair 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I know we are a month down the line...

Why not load the Java console on a Windows laptop or pc? You can use this GUI to connect to Unix clients.

Remember to login as oracle user.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified
hi, are you looking for the Oracle backup script or the bakup policy setup..? if you are looking for the oracle backup script, you can find them in the netbackup /usr/openv/netbackup/db/ dbtemplates/oracle/

mumair109917
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

thanks Nagalla!

backup templates reside on master server which is windows based in our environment, second my question was i need to create new template i am not talking about backup script. So please help me out how can i create new backup tamplate which is created from BAR on client but in our case we have AIX server which is not support BAR console to execute so in that case how can we create backup tamplate?? 

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

An AIX you will use /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/jnbSA. Its a java based GUI.

A X terminal emulator is needed - mobaxterm work well.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I know we are a month down the line...

Why not load the Java console on a Windows laptop or pc? You can use this GUI to connect to Unix clients.

Remember to login as oracle user.