cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup - Remote Admin Console

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have a 7504 NBU environment with three Remote Admin Consoles defined to the Master as 'additional servers'.  The RAC's connect and allow management of the environment.

I have one question however........

Each client has the master server and both media server's (appliances) defined, and the master server has the two media servers and the three PC's running RAC defined. 

When I am adding clients to a policy (from a RAC) I cannot 'walk' the file system to select specific directories.  If I try the same operation from the master server I have no issues 'walking' the file system.  What am I missing - Do I need to make additional entries on the clients for the RAC's ?

Thanks,

AJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Adding your PC / RAC's to all clients has a couple of real benefits ..

When you browse a clients Host Properties you get the full details (including the Windows Client Section)

You can "walk" both file system and objects such as Exchange Databases

A neat trick here .... if you open a clients properties and cannot see the Windows Client section then simply add your RAC name to its server list and click OK, then re-open the Host Propeties and you will be able to see everything

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

I believe Administration Console requires direct connection from console host to target clients when browsing filesystems. Please try to add console host into server list on one of your clients.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Adding your PC / RAC's to all clients has a couple of real benefits ..

When you browse a clients Host Properties you get the full details (including the Windows Client Section)

You can "walk" both file system and objects such as Exchange Databases

A neat trick here .... if you open a clients properties and cannot see the Windows Client section then simply add your RAC name to its server list and click OK, then re-open the Host Propeties and you will be able to see everything

Hope this helps

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks for the input Mark - sorted.