cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup cli report issues (bpimmedia and bpmedialist missing info)

spectre240sx
Level 2
I'm trying to automate some of our procedures for pulling tapes and sending them offsite. Unfortunately, I seem to have hit a roadblock, because the bpimmedia command truncates the name of the policy and the bpmedialist command doesn't show which slot the tape is located in. Does anyone know how I could run a report on a specified media id (or a larger report that I could parse) to get this information?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glo
Level 4
Ever since 5.x, I've been using a script that calls bpimmedia, bpmedialist, vmquery and vmchange to eject offsite tapes from a robot and write reports, but decisions are based on not policy name but volume pool and number of valid images.

6.5.3 bpimmedia -l hasn't truncated my policy names, but they're all 13 chars or less.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Glo
Level 4
Ever since 5.x, I've been using a script that calls bpimmedia, bpmedialist, vmquery and vmchange to eject offsite tapes from a robot and write reports, but decisions are based on not policy name but volume pool and number of valid images.

6.5.3 bpimmedia -l hasn't truncated my policy names, but they're all 13 chars or less.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
tapeswritten.sh (unix scripts)

#!/bin/ksh

# Netbackup tape written report

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimagelist -A -media -hoursago 20 > /opt/openv/scripts/temp/tapeswritten.out

mail -s "Tapes Written Report" someonewhocares@mycompany.com < /opt/openv/scripts/temp/tapeswritten.out

spectre240sx
Level 2
I think I see the problem with the bpimmedia command. The documentation I was reading specified "-U" as an option and I must have typed it in without thinking about it. bpimmedia -mediaid $mediaId is printing out the proper policy name without truncation. It looks like I should be able to get the slot number with vmquery.

Thanks for your input.