cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Granular Recovery with NBU 7 for MSExchnge 2007 restoration from tape to disk.

Shashak_Toraska
Level 3
Currentaly I am using NBU 7 (Windows 2008 x64 bit Master & Client Server) for MSExchange Granular backup on disk first then the Granular backup image duplicated on tape.But when i try to browse stoarge groups from disk then it work but from tape it will not work (Drowback of GRT).So that can any budy help me for restoration of Granular backup image from tape to disk from lasted backup after deleting catlog image of the disk GRT backup.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lu
Level 6
You have to duplicate the image to disk with bpduplicate

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

lu
Level 6
You have to duplicate the image to disk with bpduplicate

Shashak_Toraska
Level 3
Hi Lu

I had duplicated the image from tape to disk with the help of NBU GUI (catlog).

lu
Level 6
Just for my information, which error code did you get when trying to browse from the tapes ?

Peter_E
Level 4
Employee
I can't go into all the detail, but I will say that granular/single file recovery is not exactly the same for Exchange versus  what NetBackup offers for virtual machines.  No loss of features, rather what we offer for VMs is a bit more flexible.  For example with Exchange, your backup must go to disk first (for GTR). By contrast, with VMs (Hyper-V & VMware), you can right to tape and still get GRT.

You can view a  live or recorded webex demo of the latest NBU 7 VM stuff from www.netbackupdemo.com.  For recorded events click on the  link in the upper right "View Event Recordings).

I'll follow-up with some other technical whitepapers shortly.

Peter
from the NBU team