cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup client installation

Anil_B
Level 4

Hi All,

Please let me know can we use below two commands to push client binaris from master server to client.

1)/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/install_client_files SSH <clientname>

2)/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/RedHat2.6> ls
client_bin.tar.gz  extract_java       installpbx         NB-Java.tar.gz     pddeagent.tar.gz   ssh_to_client
client_config      ftp_to_client      JRE.tar.gz         nbj.conf           pdinstall          tar
cp_to_client       install_client     move_libs          PBX.tar.gz         sftp_to_client     version

Please let me know the commands, does how many ways we can push client binaries from master.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

watsons
Level 6

AnilB, i saw in below threads that Marianne had instructed you how to do this:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/about-client-installation-master-server

The command to use is: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/install_client_files 

To use that, you must make sure those individual client softwares exist in: /usr/openv/netbackup/client/<OS>

For example, if you want to push the Redhat Linux client software to host linuxA, you need to use:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/install_client_files ssh  linuxA 

(Assume ssh credential is already setup between you master server & host linuxA, and you have those files under /usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/RedHat*/ )

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Have a read of this. It has the answers to all of your question on remote client installation:

NetBackup 7.6 Install Guide

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC6447

Page 105 onwards:

Snippet:

1 To move the client software from the server to the /tmp directory on the client, run the install_client_files script on the NetBackup server. 

Anil_B
Level 4

we cant move client software form below location, Using install_client or ssh_to_client or FTP_to_client, methods.

If we can move, Let me know the commands 

2)/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/RedHat2.6> ls
client_bin.tar.gz  extract_java       installpbx         NB-Java.tar.gz     pddeagent.tar.gz   ssh_to_client
client_config      ftp_to_client      JRE.tar.gz         nbj.conf           pdinstall          tar
cp_to_client       install_client     move_libs          PBX.tar.gz         sftp_to_client     version

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Its all in that document. I recommend having a read of it.

watsons
Level 6

AnilB, i saw in below threads that Marianne had instructed you how to do this:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/about-client-installation-master-server

The command to use is: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/install_client_files 

To use that, you must make sure those individual client softwares exist in: /usr/openv/netbackup/client/<OS>

For example, if you want to push the Redhat Linux client software to host linuxA, you need to use:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/install_client_files ssh  linuxA 

(Assume ssh credential is already setup between you master server & host linuxA, and you have those files under /usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/RedHat*/ )

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Just wondering why you started a new discussion when your query was answered in your previous post?