cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup client log housekeeping

howingshan
Level 3
Hi, I am using netbackup 7.6 with db2 agent in ibm aix platform, any tool or script can delete all the netbackup client log? I don't want to keep the log in local hardisk because the size of file system vey small, around 4GB only Many thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Yes, just cd /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/ and remove all directories - no harm doing this at all.

Don't delete the mklogdir executable though, it's useful!!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As a start - check bp.conf to ensure that logging level is at level 0 (unless you are experiencing a major issue for which logging level 5 is required by Symantec Support).

The Clean Up settings on the master server applies to Server and Client logs.
The default settings for Days to Keep Logs in Clean Up is 28 days.

There is nothing in NBU that can be set to control size of logs on a client altogether.
For unified logs and a small amount of legacy logs, you can control rollover, size and amount of logs per process.
If you want to control logging size, read up about what exactly you need on client(s) and ensure that all uneccessary legacy log folders are deleted.

howingshan
Level 3
Thank you for you reply. If no way to delete all log in netbackup client, can I use unix command to delete all folder and file under netbackup/logs then restart the client ? Because I don't need to check log in netbackup client and keep the space usage is important for me.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Yes, just cd /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/ and remove all directories - no harm doing this at all.

Don't delete the mklogdir executable though, it's useful!!!