cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup - erreur 13 et erreur 96

Samy91
Level 3

Bonjour,

Je débute avec Netbackup et je suis chargé de reprendre l'infrastructure d'une collègue partie en vacance.

Notre serveur de sauvegarde est sous Windows 2008 avec Netbackup 7.0.1.0 et est chargé de sauvegarder des machines virtualisée sous Vmware ESXi.

Depuis 4 - 5 jours, toutes mes sauvegardes ont des erreurs 13 et 96 au niveau du moniteur d'activité. (voir les fichiers attachés).

Les sauvegardes ne se font donc pas ce qui commence à être critique.

J'ai également mis le résultat du script available_media.cmd et de bppllist pour mon job de sauvegarde.

Auriez-vous une idée d'ou sa peut venir et comment résoudre le problème ?

Merci pour votre aide :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Samy91
Level 3

I've finally find out the solution.

I ran a robotic inventory with the command : vmupdate -rt tld -rn 0 infra-netbackup -use_barcode_rules -empty_map

I saw that i had 2 media with duplicate ID so i deleted them with the graphical interface and i run the command again.

However, i still had an error 96 when i test to run the backup.

I did the command : nbrbutil.exe -resetAll and then it worked with no errors.

Thanks for your your help :)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I begin with Netbackup and I am responsible to return the infrastructure of a colleague on vacation.

Our backup server is Windows 2008 with Netbackup 7.0.1.0 and is responsible for backing up virtualized machines under VMware ESX.

From 4 to 5 days, all my backups have errors 13 and 96 at the Activity Monitor. (see attachments).

Backups do not do what is beginning to be critical.

I also put the result of the script and available_media.cmd bppllist for my backup job.

Do you have an idea or how it can come and solve the problem?

Thank you for your help:)

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

It seems that the Netbackup can't mount media on the tape drives.

This is from the Error96.txt:

Erreur bptm(pid=6988) erreur lors de la demande de m�dia, TpErrno = Echec de l'op�ration de robot
10/08/2011 23:01:15 - Avertissement�: bptm(pid=6988) l'op�ration de charge d'ID de m�dia 000213 a sp�cifi� une erreur  
10/08/2011 23:01:15 - m�dia actuel 000213 termin�, ressource suivante Tous requise

Netbackup cycle through all media and in the end fail with status 96.

Advice:

Check the robot and tape drives.

Do the tape drives show up in device list ?

Samy91
Level 3

Thanks for your fast replies

The tape drives are in the device list and are up.

Genericus
   VIP   

If there is a tape stuck in the drive, and netbackup "loses track of it" then you have a scenerio where Netbackup will try to load a tape, fail due the drive already having a tape in it, then freeze the tape.

It will go through ALL your scratch tapes quickly and then error 96 all your backups.

You might want to ensure a "steady state" - stop netbackup, ensure all drives are empty. Verify that!

Check your systems - for example my system has an acsls that drives my tape library, I check the acsls to confirm it agrees with netbackup regarding tape status.

Run "nbrbutil -dump" and see if NetBackup has any outstanding tape requests. (You will need to bring up netbackup to run this)

You may need to bring up netbackup and use "nbpemreq -suspend_scheduling" to prevent activity.

Once you confirm that netbackup is up and idle, all drives available and unloaded, run one of your backups and watch what it does = you should be able to pin point your trouble then.

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

Samy91
Level 3

For information, i use SAN and my two drives are "emulated" (HP Ultrium 4).

So i don't know how to check if my drives are empty without NetBackup (do you know if there is a way to see that ?)

Regarding nbrutil, it seems to have no tape request (see attached file). I have disabled the policy in order to prevent activity.

Samy91
Level 3

I have run a drive diagnostic in order to see if i can have more information (under device => drive).

There are some errors too (see attached file)

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

If's a Windows box, take a look in the event log as well.

Have you added/removed media lately ?

Media has been misplaced

If yes, then perform a Inventory from the media manger part of Netbackup.

Samy91
Level 3

I've finally find out the solution.

I ran a robotic inventory with the command : vmupdate -rt tld -rn 0 infra-netbackup -use_barcode_rules -empty_map

I saw that i had 2 media with duplicate ID so i deleted them with the graphical interface and i run the command again.

However, i still had an error 96 when i test to run the backup.

I did the command : nbrbutil.exe -resetAll and then it worked with no errors.

Thanks for your your help :)

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Thanks for providing the solution. Other Netbackup users with the same problem can see how you resolved the problem.