Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup for NDMP

Seyed_Kebir
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I have a customer who installed Netbackup 7.1.0.3, and have some troubles with NDMP.

Customer has EMC VNX , NAS , and support ndmp, he added ndmp host successfully, but when tried to create an ndmp policy, with the follwoing paramaters (policy type: NDMP, Client: ndmphost,), the following error is show when trying to add a new file to the backup selection list "Unable to detect selected host. error: ping(ndmphost). I have tried to add ndmp client with IP address instead of the hostname, but it didn't fix it.

did anyone got this issue?

thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Do not use browse button(folder icon) if used. You can not browse files on NDMP host in GUI. Write down target paths in Backup Selections list directly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Apologies for my silly question, but can master and media server ping the ndmphost?

Were credentials added for ndmphost?

Not sure if this a requirement for all EMC NAS devices, but I remember that the username for some EMC models must be defined as ndmp

Can access be confirmed from cmd with:

tpautoconf -verify ndmphost ?

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Do not use browse button(folder icon) if used. You can not browse files on NDMP host in GUI. Write down target paths in Backup Selections list directly.

Seyed_Kebir
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Dear Mariane,

Master/ Media Server can ping the ndmp host, and can resolve dns name and reverse resolve also.

Yasuhisa, I will try and let you know , thank you.

huanglao2002
Level 6

Can you check the firewall between the server and NDMP host.

or you can try to disable ping function.

Create or modify /usr/openv/netbackup/db/config/ndmp.cfg and add the following line:

NDMP_DISABLE_VNET_PING

Seyed_Kebir
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Problem resolved, thank you all.