cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup media server is going down frequently

arunkumar_dadi
Level 4

I have a windows 2012 netbackup master server having two windows 2012 media severs.

two media servers is in cluster for master server.

from the last few months my primary backup media server is going down without any reason.

mean while i am getting backup error:

(196) client backup was not attempted because backup window closed.

my secondary media server acts as failover but we are having only one robot that is why during primary medai server failure all the tape jobs are on pending.

Does backup software is anyway reason for the media server to be down.

And i want to remove robot from primary backup server and add it to secondary backup server for taking backup to tape.

can i remove the robot from primary server while the priamry server was down and later can i assign it for secondary server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

arunkumar_dadi
Level 4

And one more thing is i want to remove existed robot which is connected to one of my media server and after i want to add it to another media server without deleting the volume and volume groups. is there any possibility to do this. if not will you please suggest an other way to do it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pats_729
Level 6
Employee

Hi Arun,

First thing, Netbackup do not support Media servers in cluster, Netbackup stopped supporting clustered media server since NBU version 6.5. You didnt mentioned your NBU version, but since Master and Media are running on Windows 2012 then I assume NBU version as 7603 (thats where NBU started support for Windows 2012 as Master and Media).

I would suggest un-cluster the media servers and use app-clusters instead if need be. However, any point of time you can change robot control host, just make sure you have FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER in place in Host Properties.

Thanks

arunkumar_dadi
Level 4

my Netbackup version is 7.7,

MY two  media servers are not in cluster but one of my media server is in cluster with another seever which is not related to netbakup in anyway(not media or master server).

can netbackup support a media server which is in cluster with other servers which are not related to media servers.

arunkumar_dadi
Level 4

And one more thing is i want to remove existed robot which is connected to one of my media server and after i want to add it to another media server without deleting the volume and volume groups. is there any possibility to do this. if not will you please suggest an other way to do it.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It seems you have started 3 discussions for the same issue.

Please have a look at my reply to this post:

Media server down in cluster