cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup problem.

xuanhoaidao
Level 2

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with my backup job. The job keeps WRITING forever and when I check in DETAILED STATUS, it shows a list of status like "Info ndmpagent(pid=7248) hcm6040b: DUMP: Thu Dec 27 09:05:34 2012 : We have written 40940 KB"

This happens and other jobs cannot run with the error code 196 (backup windows closed). Can anyone help, please? Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

ankmah
Level 3

Hello,

Wheather this is happing for all backup or for a specified backup type like oracle, exchange or SAP etc.have you monitor that there is any changing in writing data movement.....

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi,

its looks like it is the NDMP backup..

you did not specify about the netbckup version on master /media  and OS.. also NAS Filer info.

please check the basic NDMP communication with the tpautoconf command and see  if its able to probe the server.

tpautoconf -probe ndmp_host_name

tpautoconf -verify ndmp_host_name

if netbckup version is earlier to 7.x you may need to use /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/ndmp_attr  to probe it.

and also please verify the ndmpagent logs.use below command to get the logs of ndmpagent

vxlogview -o 134 -t 02:00:00  to see last 2 hours logs. (chage the hours based on the situations.)

hope this helps.