Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting Mail alert From netbackup for RMAN backup

Abhisheknetback
Level 6
Certified

Dear All,

I am not getting mail alert notification for failed backups of Oracle Rman . Apart of Oracle Rman I am getting mail notifications for all backups.

Please Assist Me .

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek Kumar

10 REPLIES 10

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You did not tell us anything about how email notification is configured in your environment.

Please have a look at this TN and tell us what exactly is configured for the master server and/or the client(s):
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH64984 

Abhisheknetback
Level 6
Certified

Hi Marianne,

We have configured mail notification Global Attributes admin IDs, and Universal Settings server send mail, and mail ids , on all clients it's server send mail by defult .

KIindly suggest .

Thank You !!

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I would personally double-check Server and Client settings as per the TN that I have mentioned above.

Certain settings will actually cancel email notification because of Server/Client sends mail mismatch.
Check that 'client sends mail' is not selected for any of the clients.
Also check the email address specified in Universal setting of the Client Host Properties.

Next thing to check is logs...
Unfortunately I do not have access to a live NBU environment to check which log... My guess is bpbrm on the media server. Or perhaps nbpem on the master...

Oh! One more thing - how are Oracle backups kicked off?
By the scheduler on the master or by another scheduler on the Client?

Client-initiated backups may require 'client sends mail'.

Abhisheknetback
Level 6
Certified

Now i am not getting notification for any clients

:(

Abhishek

Abhisheknetback
Level 6
Certified

Hi

i selected  all clients in my nbu client host properties action > properties > universal settings > server sends mail .now mail notification started to come but still did not get notification for RMAN failure .

and it is started  By the scheduler on the master

Thanks

Will_Restore
Level 6

Not certain about 'notification for RMAN failure' but you should be getting emails like this:

subject "Backup on <server> - 6" and body "Backup on client <server> for user by server <master> failed ... "

Abhisheknetback
Level 6
Certified

Dear Friends,

Now i have configured mail notification in master server host properties > Global Attributes > admin email ids

and for one rman client (for testing) i configured client host properties > universal settings > server sends mail > mail ids .

it was sending notification mail for failed and success both , but, i want to receive notification mail for only failed backup

Kindly Suggest .

Thank You !!

Will_Restore
Level 6

Clear the entry on the client and leave the one on the Master.  Then it will only send email for failure.

Abhisheknetback
Level 6
Certified

I am getting failed job natification mail for all but not for RMAN backup

is is possible to configure alert by Ops center ??

Thank You

Will_Restore
Level 6

Simple alert:

Alert Policies > Add > (enter a name) > High Job Failure Rate > Percentage Failing Jobs = 1 > Time Period = 1 Days > Exit Status to Include = 6 > Save

Does not include client details however, only that a failed job has occurred.