cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving the catalog backup disaster recovery e-mail attachment.

mako626
Not applicable

I am not receiving the catalog backup disaster recovery e-mail attachment.  

It quit working when we took down the old exchange server. So I removed the old exchange server from policies & hosts file and added the new one. New policies work, verified DNS resolution etc.  

I went into BLAT, changed the settings to point to the new exch server with the -install switch:  blat -install ex05.addr.com nbusvc@addr.com

I tested sending e-mails from the command line and it worked fine, the message and  attachment came through OK:  blat c:\test.txt -s test -to mako626@addr.com

My catalog backup runs and it is still placing the file in the desired location, but the e-mail will not come through.  

Also checked Junk mail, deleted mail etc.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The nbmail script is what NetBackup is going to use. Review step 2. Configuring the nbmail.cmd script from TECH24110(How to configure email notifications for Windows clients using BLAT and nbmail.cmd in Veritas NetBackup)

If thats all correct, then move on to step 5 and make an entry at the end of the nbmail.cmd to create a "log" file for BLAT.

View solution in original post

Abesama
Level 6
Partner

Try checking on this file exists and see if all the syntax in there are working well.

<install_path>\NetBackup\bin\mail_dr_info.cmd

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The nbmail script is what NetBackup is going to use. Review step 2. Configuring the nbmail.cmd script from TECH24110(How to configure email notifications for Windows clients using BLAT and nbmail.cmd in Veritas NetBackup)

If thats all correct, then move on to step 5 and make an entry at the end of the nbmail.cmd to create a "log" file for BLAT.

Abesama
Level 6
Partner

Try checking on this file exists and see if all the syntax in there are working well.

<install_path>\NetBackup\bin\mail_dr_info.cmd