cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old tape info are still displayed

Amuro
Level 3
Hello,

We have Symentac NetBackup 6.5.4 and Dell PowerVault T2000.  I am having an issue regarding changing tapes.
Even after I changed tapes, I still have old tape information displayed (please look at the screen shot below).
Is it normal to have these old information displayed? if it is not, please help me to get rid of these old information.

This is how I changed the tapes. 
1. Right-click on a tape and select eject.
2. Remove old tape and add a new one
3. Inventory the robot with selecting "upate Volume Configuration" option.
4. Change the volume pool to Scratch volume.

slot.JPG

Thank you,
4 REPLIES 4

Will_Restore
Level 6
is correct after the eject.  Media will still be allocated until the images therein have expired. 
Looks normal to me.

If you just want to see robot contents, select Media and Device Management, Media, Robots, TLD(0)

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Robot type = NONE
Robot Number = -
Robot Control host = -

this means the tapes are NOT in the robot.

Once you add a tape to netbackup it will always show in the media list, as this is a list of the media you own.

The Time Assigned will have a date in it showing when a scratch tape was first used.

When all the images on the tape expire the Time Assigned will be blank - meaning the tape is a scratch tape.

when you put the tape Back INTO the robot the Robot columns will fill in again.

Then only time you would ever remove (delete) a tape is if you trash it for destruction.

Amuro
Level 3
Thanks for your answer. 

I have another question.  I have couple slots that are empty. 
How do I add a new tape to the empty slot.
When I tried to feed a new tape to the tape library, it did not seem to take it to the empty slot even though I perform an inventory on the robot.

Thanks,

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
when you did the inventory did you check the box to empty the media access port?
and check the raido butto to update volume configuration?