cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle RMAN templates

Pam_Daniel
Level 4
Certified

Does anyone know how to move Rman templates from a Unix Master server to a Windows Master server?  I'm in the process of moving all clients off our Solaris 9 Netbackup 6.5 master server to a new master server running Windows 2008 x64 R2 Netbackup 7.1.  

I can see the templates on the unix master under /usr/openv/netbackup/db/dbtemplates/oracle

When I look on the windows master I thought I was supposed to see Program Files\Veritas\Netbackup\db\dbtemplates\oracle but all I see is Program Files\Veritas\Netbackup\db.

Does the Oracle admin have to recreate the templates on the new master or can they be copies over?  Is Netbackup for Oracle automatically installed when I install the master/media server software?  Is there a command to see if it's installed?   

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sebastian_Baszc
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

When you are installing the Master Server all required binaries are installed in the process. Check if you have the license added.

Do yourself a favour - log into your solaris Master and check what is the format of those templates - if they are text based - go ahead and create the folder on your new Master Server and ftp those files from the Solaris to Windows.

Once you copy them across to the folder under db, check if they are available from the Policy.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sebastian_Baszc
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

When you are installing the Master Server all required binaries are installed in the process. Check if you have the license added.

Do yourself a favour - log into your solaris Master and check what is the format of those templates - if they are text based - go ahead and create the folder on your new Master Server and ftp those files from the Solaris to Windows.

Once you copy them across to the folder under db, check if they are available from the Policy.

Pam_Daniel
Level 4
Certified

I was able to copy them from the unix master to the windows master.  It took a while before I could see them but they are there now.  Thanks!