Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP encryption with NetBackup 7.1

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All

we have PGP encryption enabled in our premises. For few OU WHOLE disk is encrypted and for FOR others who have critical data needs to be protected. We use NBU 7.1 (Windows) to protect these clients. We need to use PGP encryption to encrypt data on the fly.I refered one of PGP datasheet where it says it has working solution with the help of scripts. I'm aware of backup exec (pre-post scripts) but in NBU i can't find where can specify this scripts in policy .

Any one have done this before.???

1 REPLY 1

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

On the client use bpstart_notify.bat and bpend_notify.bat in the \netbackup\bin directory.

They have a 5 minute timeout associated with them so if they will take longer than that you will need to edit the clients timeouts.

However, if you run multiple streams they will run for every stream so you would need to either get them to pipe something out to do a count so that the first one to run does its stuff but it is only after the final stream that it actually runs the last command. You can also use parent_start_notify.bat on the Master it it would have to pipe the commands remotely to the client

Hope this helps