cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patches and Nomenclature

Samson3113
Level 3

I am not familiar with Veritas NetBackup nomenclature so can someone please tell me where I need to look to see what I currently have and what I need to install to bring my software current.  When I launch NetBackup it says I have Veritas NetBackup 6.0 on Windows servers.  I am confused as to what "MP" means

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AntonioVargas
Level 4

MP means Maintenance Pack. With netbackup 6.5 the mp nomenclature disapears. Now you have major . releases and minor . . releases. for example. Now you have nb 6.5 , which is a major . release.

netbackup 6.5.2 (latest version) is a minor . . release.

if you have netbackup 6.0 start thinking in upgrading to 6.5 and after that to 6.5.2

features like bare metal restore and encryption are included in the major licence in 6.5 so you have all interest in doing it.

regards

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AntonioVargas
Level 4

MP means Maintenance Pack. With netbackup 6.5 the mp nomenclature disapears. Now you have major . releases and minor . . releases. for example. Now you have nb 6.5 , which is a major . release.

netbackup 6.5.2 (latest version) is a minor . . release.

if you have netbackup 6.0 start thinking in upgrading to 6.5 and after that to 6.5.2

features like bare metal restore and encryption are included in the major licence in 6.5 so you have all interest in doing it.

regards

Samson3113
Level 3
Hi Antonio Thanks for the info. So if I only see 6.0 when I launch NetBackup or just 6.0 in the About box, does that mean I have no MP installed ? In my case I guess I would need MP6 ? Thanks

Samson3113
Level 3
Hi Antonio what is 6.0 GA ? Thanks

AntonioVargas
Level 4

It's simple to check that samsom. In the admin console go to the Host properties tree, in the you can select the master server in the master servers sub tree or any client in the clients sub tree. after selecting wait 2 or 3 seconds and you will se on the right all the info you need, including the version installed, in the version collumn.

regards

Samson3113
Level 3

Hi Antonio

I looked as you advised and they all say 6.0

Jim

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Here's the quick list of ALL 6.0 MP7 packs:

This TechNote provides a list of links to the downloads for NetBackup 6.0 Maintenance Pack 7 (MP7).

http://support.veritas.com/docs/308875

Samson3113
Level 3
Hi Chris thank, i will take a look see Jim