cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Tuning and upgrade of Ops Center

nbu123
Level 5

Our Ops center is currently on version 7.5.0.7 and having DB of around 18GB.

We are having issues while defrag of DB. It always took ages to complete and most of the time it get failes while reload.

Below is the content of server.conf file.

-n OPSCENTER_hostname -x tcpip(LocalOnly=YES;BROADCASTLISTENER=0;DOBROADCAST=NO;ServerPort=13786;) -gd DBA -gk DBA -gl DBA -gp 8192 -ti 0 -c 256M -ch 1024M -cl 256M
-zl -os 1M -m

Kindly suggest what values need to be changed considering the DB of 18GB. Also about heap size.

Also we are planning to upgrade it to next version. Please suggest to what version we need to upgrade it too and what will be upgraded procedure for the same.

5 REPLIES 5

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

I would at least change ch (cache high) to more than 1 GB, think the recommendation is about half your database size. That is of course if you have the amount of free memory on the OpsCenter server.

Can recommend 7.6 or about as this gives multithreading in the database, remember to change -gc/-gt value for the relevant number of CPUs

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

nbu123
Level 5

I am planning to upgrade it to 7.6.1.2.

Is this version all the latest release/maintenace packs for v7.6 family?

Will_Restore
Level 6

I would highly recommend going to v7.7.1 (or .2)

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

The DB upgrade should go fine even without defrag. If the Opscenter server is vm, you can take a snapshot as a precaution.

Upgrading to the latest Version of Opscenter (7.7.2) would be best. Please go through the documention and layout a plan when you upgrade.

Also even if you can or cannot take snapshot - Take the Backup of the Opscenter Database using the OpsCenter inbuilt utility C:\Program Files\Symantec\OpsCenter\server\bin\dbbackup before the upgrade.

nbu123
Level 5

Is v7.7.2 is direct upgrade or we need to first install 7.7 and then patch it to v.7.7.2.