cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping does not work from master, but it does from the client.

16ris10
Level 6

Master: Solaris 10

Client: Windows Server 2008 R2

NetBackup: 7.1.0.1

-

Some of my jobs are failing with error 58 and when I try to ping, it fails. However, sometimes i do get ping and I've noticed whenever I do, the jobs backsup successfully. I mean, how would I do the troubleshooting when I'm not even getting the ping? What i noticed, all fails when ping fails. However, ping does work sometimes, and I mentioned this to the network team, and they said, it's all good from there end so now you need to get the owner of that master server to do the work? What does this mean? I have full access to this Solaris10 master server, can someone please guide me? and yeah, I assure you when the ping works, i get all bpclntcmd and whatever correct and working fine. it's just when I don't get the ping, i get 58. and I have also noticed, it tries 3 times, and sometimes its fails on 58 but on retry it backsup successfully.
-

The ping from Master server is on/off, very shaky. Client ping working 24/7.

-

Help?

43 REPLIES 43

16ris10
Level 6

Nope, no i difference to the ping issue. it is still shaky. one ping goes, and another fails.. :(

its still not resolved. :(

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Fact is - the 'ping' issue is causing NetBackup to fail as well.

You need to sort it out with OS and network support.

Talk to OS support about firmware updates as well as OS patches/updates.

16ris10
Level 6

:(

16ris10
Level 6

default router is not set i think. the traffic goes through a non-routable backup network. :)