cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help. Restore VM to different cluster using Copy 2

SHNBackup
Level 3

Hi all,

We are using Data Domains for are backup to disk solution. We have copy1 in Chicago and copy2 in DC. We are trying to test DR and what we are trying to do is restore a Chicago VM to the DC cluster using Copy 2(which is on the LAN of DC) for faster restore throughput. I already changed copy 2 to be the primary copy but when I try to perform the restore I get an Access 59. Any ideas on how I can get this set up?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi,

access Denied 59, its just because the client server is not accepting the request from the Netbackup master or Media server.

Please create  the log directory  in client /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpcd and try the job again.

in case of WIndows, that would be Installpath/Veritas/netbackup/logs/bpcd.

once the job failed, please look into the log it will show you the server name, which is not getting accepted.

like below

<4> bpcd valid_server:<Severname> is not a master server
16> bpcd valid_server: <server name> is not a media server either

please make sure that server name entry is in bp.conf( if unix client ) or registory ( if windows) client and also its resolving the name.

SHNBackup
Level 3

I think what is happening is our media server located in DC is trying to connect to the Data Domain in Chicago. What we are trying to do is use the media server in DC to use Copy 2 on the data domain located in DC.

SHNBackup
Level 3

I resolved the issue. It was an oversight on my part. I was making the wrong copy 2 image the primary copy.   After I isolated the correct one and made it the primary, the restore on the other side worked like a charm. Thank you.