cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please provide references

Stumpr2
Level 6
<>

I have seen a lot of cut/paste answers in this forum and that is a good way to quickly help a user in need. However, please also provide the reference when you do this. This will help educate the posters on where to look for themselves next time. If you are copying from bpcommand -help or from a man bpcommand , then please include that in your post. If you are using information from a technote, then please include a link. It wouldn't hurt to also tell what forum you may have gotten the information from. Even a simply statement like "google is my friend" can help instill confidence in others to do likewise. The more others learn to use the tools of the trade the better it is for all of us so don't be shy on asking a person that replies to your question where/how they found the information that was so helpful. Especially if you gave them points :)

<>
3 REPLIES 3

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified
Hmmm

soapbox:

A soapbox is a raised, improvised platform on which one stands to make an impromptu speech, often about a political subject. The word arises from olden times when speakers would literally stand on a box of soap or a similar item to gain height.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soapbox

Stumpr2
Level 6
I don't like the other term used "stump, stumps, stumpping"

Bob Stump

and that soapbox.....should probably be turned into a vehicle for a "soapbox derby"

DavidParker
Level 6
Bob,
You should have taken that gig in London ...
Head over to Regents Park on Sunday mornings and hit Speakers Corner ...
Plenty of soapboxing going on there ;)

(complete with hecklers!)

Seriously though: good suggestion! I believe in quoting ones sources (especially when they're copyrighted).