cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy Window Reporting

Matthew_Valenti
Level 4
I am trying to create a report/chart that compares my policy backup window to the actual backup window. I'm running 5.1 and do not have advance reporter. I have taken the data from my client backup report and created a spreadsheet that list client/start time/end time but have not been able to create a report from that. I would like to have something like a Gantt chart if at all possible or open to any other suggestions. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Richard_Mansell
Level 3
I exported the Client Backup report from the console, opened the file in Excel, played around with the fields then cut and pasted the results in to MS Project.

It does work but needs a fair amount of fiddling. The Excel concatenate function is useful to add extra characters e.g. h for hour and also to merge columns. You basically need the start date/time and the elapsed time to be in the correct format.

Matthew_Valenti
Level 4
Richard,
Thank you for the reply. Do you mind elaborating alittle more on this process? Thanks

zippy
Level 6
Matt,

Why dont you just setup a job that emails you every morning, very easy and very clean.

JD