Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing AIX SRT for BMR

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

HI!

I know that in Linux there is special file /usr/openv/var/global/createsrt.conf, it describes which rpm files should be installed inside SRT.

What about AIX OS. How do bmrsrtadm define which files it should get from installation path to create SRT?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thank you very much for your assistance, the case was in mounted /dev/cd0 drive to filesystem folder. Befor running installation, you should dismount cd-dvd drive from local file system.

You may mark, that preparing srt for AIX version  6100-06-06-1140, works fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

There is no Linux createsrt.conf like file for AIX. AIX bmrsrtadm handles it internally. Actually this is more black-box for end-user but in case of linux as version changes gives package impact, this createsrt.conf helps.

Any reason you need this requirement for AIX? Are you facing any AIX SRT package issue?

Thanks.

Mandar

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes I am,

I try to create srt for AIX 6100-06-06-1140, but it could not find bos.* files on installation path which i specify. Then i check out if they are realy present on DVD and i find them all. I have another AIX whith erlier version 6100-02-10-1036. And there is no such problem. But in second case i use another installation media (first CD, not DVD). 

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Can you try copying all OS installable in a folder and use that folder path as input to bmrsrtadm?

I am wondering if that can resolve this issue. In meanwhile I can confirm to you if SRT creation using AIX CD for this particular version has been verified.

Thanks.

Mandar

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thank you very much for your assistance, the case was in mounted /dev/cd0 drive to filesystem folder. Befor running installation, you should dismount cd-dvd drive from local file system.

You may mark, that preparing srt for AIX version  6100-06-06-1140, works fine.