Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about NBU 5.1 - Frequency Setting

Tahoe
Level 3
All:

Re: NetBackup Master 5.1 MP5

I have several policies that had Weekly (Full Backup) backups Frequency set to 1 Day. The backups were taking a long time, so I adjusted the window to be greater than 24 hours to accomodate. To prevent the backups from running twice during the window, I set the Frequency to 1 Week.

Now, some of the jobs are not starting because it has not been 7 days since the last successful Full backup. I want to reset the time of the last Weekly backup for several policies. What is the best way for me to do that to ensure all of the Weekly backups will begin at the start of the next Weekly backup window?

Thanks!

Jonathan

Message Edited by Tahoe on 04-02-200712:26 PM

4 REPLIES 4

Stumpr2
Level 6
The window does NOT have to be open until the backup finishes. Think of the backup window as a "window of opportunity". It defines when a backup may start. You can have a window of opportunity that only lasts for 1 hour and the backup could take several hours. Once the backup starts then it will continue to completion regardless if the window is open or closed.

So put your windows back where they belong and set your frequency to 6 days. In 6 days the frequency will be met and as soon as the window of opportunity opens a backup will run.

Tahoe
Level 3
I understand that the backup window simply allows the job to start and that it does not have to finish within the window.

I guess I want to know how to reset the "timer" of the policy.  But, I can decrease the frequency of the policy and that should solve my problem.

Thanks.

Stumpr2
Level 6
yes, you can set the frequency to 2 days or 6 days. All that must happen is for the frequency to have been met AN an open window of opportunity to exist. If the frequency is 2 days it will still have to sit and wait 5 more days in order for the window of opportunity to emerge.

Tahoe
Level 3
Got it. Thank you very much, Bob!