cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: tape is not showing

bharath_jakkani
Level 4

Hi team,

I got a kinda different problem. I have a tape A00006 and it is showing in the media tab but when I wen to reports-->tapereports-->images on tape--

and  looked for the media(tape) in the dropdown list, it was not showin there other tapes I could see in the list. I run the backups on this tape successfully and it is showing how much KB data it has in its properties.

but came across a different problem -- at one place it is showing the tape and another place it didnt

If I need to change and do reconfigure/relabel or whatever just let me know.

Thanks

Bharath

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Let me see if I understand your query:

When you select the Media GUI, you can see ALL your tapes, right?

Have a look at the 'Time Assigned' column - if there's a date/time there, it normally means there are backups on it. Only these 'Assigned' tapes will show up in the Tape Reports. The 'unassigned' tapes will not be listed in Tape Reports because there is nothing to report - they don't have valid, unexpired images, they are not Frozen.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
So after backup, you can see it on the list. For the later, please show us where you can see , or not.

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6

Hi,

Please do show us, your question is not clear.

R

Marianne
Level 6

Let me see if I understand your query:

When you select the Media GUI, you can see ALL your tapes, right?

Have a look at the 'Time Assigned' column - if there's a date/time there, it normally means there are backups on it. Only these 'Assigned' tapes will show up in the Tape Reports. The 'unassigned' tapes will not be listed in Tape Reports because there is nothing to report - they don't have valid, unexpired images, they are not Frozen.

Sriram
Level 6

Scenario 1:

If you have not used the tape for backup (i.e. unassigned tape) it would show you in the media tab and will not show under the reports-->tapereports-->images on tape, because there is no images on it.

Scenario 2:

If you have taken a backup in that tape, it will show up in both the places because the tape is assigned.

Your question:

Now you say you dont see tape A00006 under the reports-->tapereports-->images on tape and you do see it in media tape

If your question is w.r.t Scenario 1, you will not see tape in both the places.  If it is w.r.t Scenario 2 you will see tape in both places.

Hope you i understood your question.

Sri

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

""""""  I run the backups on this tape successfully and it is showing how much KB data it has in its properties. """"""

Would you kindly highlight the area above where you are actually looking the KB data ?

If you have data in your Tape media thn you will definately look your tape  media in the report section.

Make sure that your Tape media have data in it. See available_media command showing KB data in front of the Tape Media ID. there is a snap for your reference below.