Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMAN backup Failing with error 71 - none of the files in the file list

Nayabsk
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

One of my RMAN backups failing with error 71 stating none of the files in the file list But sometimes it was successful , Can please help to troubleshoot this error.

Thanks,

Nayab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
bplist is to list backed up files. bppllist is to list policies. You still need to speak to server owners and dba. This could be a cluster and the script maybe does not exist on all nodes. So, when Oracle cluster fails over to a node where the script does not exist, the backup fails with 71. Logs needed on all Oracle clients/nodes: bpcd bphdb dbclient. The last 2 must have 777 permission. bperror is not working because of the long dashes. Type the command instead of copy and paste.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Baski
Level 5
Partner Certified

Hi Nayab,

Please explain, how do you take oracle backup, By Templete or script and what is master and client OS and NBU version.

mnakhan
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

share the activity detial log that can help me to identify the actual problem

Marianne
Level 6

If it worked before, it means that the dba on Oracle client has renamed or removed the script.

Copy the path in the Backup Selection of the policy and email to dba to verify path and script name.

Nayabsk
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Problem is i see it successful few days again it will fail with error 71 

From the backup selections i see it is backing up the directory

Backup Selections --> /OraBase/Archive/RMAN

Please let me know if you want me to provide with any logs

mnakhan
Level 5

share the output of below command;

bpplist -U "policy name of RMAN backup"

bperrror –U –problems –hoursago 23

Nayabsk
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Output Of "bpplist -U "policy name of RMAN backup"

zsswmasb1:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin # ./bplist -U "bsswrman_RMAN_archlog_daily"
EXIT STATUS 227: no entity was found

"bperror –U –problems –hoursago 23"

Error in executing this command

mnakhan
Level 5

bperror -U -backstat -by_statcode

sswmasb1:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin # ./bplist -U "bsswrman_RMAN_archlog_daily"
EXIT STATUS 227: no entity was found. for this read the TN 44566;

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH44566&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1412229080925

Marianne
Level 6
bplist is to list backed up files. bppllist is to list policies. You still need to speak to server owners and dba. This could be a cluster and the script maybe does not exist on all nodes. So, when Oracle cluster fails over to a node where the script does not exist, the backup fails with 71. Logs needed on all Oracle clients/nodes: bpcd bphdb dbclient. The last 2 must have 777 permission. bperror is not working because of the long dashes. Type the command instead of copy and paste.

Possible
Level 6
Accredited Certified

I am with Marianne here ; i experienced this issue with SQL cluster where script was not present on one node 

resulting in 71.