cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore file failed with status 13

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, my customer's master server NBU 6.5.3 on Windows 2003. One of their client was corrupted and now they rebuilt the client and want to restore data to it. However, previously the client OS is Windows 2003 and after rebuilt, the client OS is now Windows 2008. We tried to restore file to the client and got an erorr with status code 13. Does it mean the client OS must be the same during the backup and restore? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What are you trying to restore, just regular files? You can restore from 2003 to 2008 as long as its not the system state...

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Riaan, I try to restore files only. I tried to redirect the restore to another server and it completed successfully. But I cannot restore to the server itself.

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Error 13's are usually related to communications etc on the client. Have you tried backing up the new box (just as a test)?

Also verify your NIC settings, make sure its not on AUTO SENSE. That used to give issues in 2003.

Also, are you perhaps running R2? That is only supported from 6.5.5

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

i will also recommend you always open  BAR GUI by right click & Run As Administartor  on Win 2008 OS.

Still If you are facing any error at the time opening BAR GUI on Client (win2k8) then you need to troubleshoot connectivity issue.

run below command from master & post o/p

prog files\veritas\netbackup\bin\admincmd\ bptestbpcd -client <clientname> -verbose -debug