cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore files from deleted backup client

AdN
Level 4

Hi,

We're using Netbackup 7.0.1 on Solaris 10 to backup a Netapp Appliance with NDMP and some other hosts (Solaris, Linux and Windows).

Recently we migrated all data on one of our Netapp filers to a new one with a different name and IP address. I created a new backup policy and backup client and backup and restore works fine. The backup policy of the old Netapp filer has been deleted in the admin GUI and it is no longer listed as backup client anymore.

We need to restore a file that was backed up on the old filer one year ago using Netbackup 6.5.4. How is it possible to restore that to the new filer? I can't select the the name of the old filer in the drop down "source client for restores". The image files in the client under /opt/openv/netbackup/db/images are still there. They haven't been deleted.

Do one really have to keep all old policies and old client names after one has migrated to new systems? This results in a quite messy policy overview. Or is there a better solution?

Thanks in advance for hints.

Best regards,

Bernd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

i.e. edit client list in the "Specify NetBackup Machines & Policy Type" window?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

i.e. edit client list in the "Specify NetBackup Machines & Policy Type" window?

AdN
Level 4

Hi Andy,

Thanks. Sometimes the solutions are so simple, that they get overlooked. ;)

Bye

Bernd

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

It's a shame it doesn't populate the list automatically for all clients that it has images for!